View Single Post
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Which, I guess, answer Joerg's question "Why one need those schematics, at all". Well, if it was discussed 6 or 7 times in GTA times, it speaks itself about people's interest in such files, doesn't it? As for why, answer if painfully simple - for the same very reason we want open sources of software, even if we don't plan to write patches in next year or two. In (unlikely) case that GDC get blown up/disappear/whatever, the same work won't need to be done from scratch.

In the case of someone with appropriate tools and will appearing in few years, even if GDC won't be interested in Neo900 v2, maybe someone else will be. It's easier to base it on something, than on nothing, right? Isn't it one of the reasons, why Neo900 is so heavily based on GTA04?
As soon as I know, both joerg_rw and dos1 are more interested in final device than in financial part of the project, and i think they both got access to those files. So in case of something happens to GDC, or some opportunity with different device maker, i think they both will cooperate, even if it's just to make such device for themselves.

Last edited by DDark; 2014-05-19 at 10:39.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DDark For This Useful Post: