View Single Post
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
After Fellfrosh's picture I am a bit unsure of wanting to even try to take my competition picture. The placing idea was same but the quality of N900 camera and when downscaled to 50 percent to get it downloaded here... Maybe I will still try. I think I just have to have reeeeaaallllyyyyy good light conditions.
Don't let yourself be discouraged by the limitations of your equipment!*
Fellfrosch's and your picture are both attractive in two very different ways:
His picture shows a beautiful knife in nice lighting, but in the end it's just a knife sitting on a table.
Your picture might not be as aesthetically pleasing, but it tells a story. You obviously either put a lot of effort into arranging** the log and the knives this way, or this is the random result of a knife throwing competition.

*) Otherwise I would not have posted my bike photo for last month's competition. I knew I couldn't score with aesthetics, but I was hoping for an interesting composition. Unfortunately I screwed up the perspective, because it turns out it's hardly noticeable, that my bike was half-way folded.
**) I'm sure so did Fellfrosch, but his photo might just be the result of a lucky coincidence.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post: