View Single Post
Posts: 433 | Thanked: 727 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Costa Blanca, Espaņa
Like yourself, I find myself wanting to play with things I know little about. In my mind, this is one of the best ways to learn; by fiddling and of course, also accepting you may cause problems with your beloved device.
I ended up using FFMPEG by bloodyfoxy on Openrepos; https://openrepos.net/content/bloodyfoxy/ffmpeg. Then, with a few videos shot using my Jolla1, I had a go at different conversions, some worked, some didn't.

Okay, as FFMPEG is not specific to Sailfish, you can find plenty of help/walk-throughs/videos littering the net.

Here's what I just tried on my device and it worked, albeit very basic, but it allows one to get the gist of what's going on....bit by bit

OKay, shoot a short video, say 30 seconds worth with some audio; chatting, music, whatever, but do make some noise as the following steps will strip the soundtrack from an MP4 video leaving it as an MP3 audio track.

Then in terminal, try this;

ffmpeg -i 20170509_105924.mp4 -vn -ar 44100 -ac 2 -ab 320 -f mp3 audio.mp3 (replace '20170509_105924.mp4' with your own)

Once done, open Mediaplayer, find your track and play it.

Hope this helps, a little......

Regards,

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post: