View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
- if you can get plugins to work in ettercap will be great, now that we know it works in N9 it will be awesome have the new ettercap tottally armed in our N9s
I am quite sure I can get (some) of theplugins to work.
I didnt compile ettercap with the 'optional' libraries in this first step.
From ettercap.sourceforge.net:
To enable plugins: libltdl (part of libtool)
To have perl regexp in the filters: libpcre
To support SSH and SSL decryption: openssl 0.9.7

- without nat and packet injection we are ****ed, we have sniffers and airckrack castrated, we will have to wait for open kernel for PR 1.2, someone knows who was the guy who compiled it?? maybe we can contact him.
I already am on this, but we need kernel sources before we can proceed. We are not completely f^^^ we have promiscious mode, but we need packet injection and to do this we need the kernel sources to compile compat-wireless.

- I was thinking to install the iptables of N900 into the N9 and see what happens, do you think is a good idea? or is a kernel problem and it will be for nothing?
I think it will not do anything, and maybe not needed since NAT forwarding is handled by ettercap. For other purposes, we might need to compile kernel to support NAT.

- ipforward gives not problem to me :

after:

echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

Right, I had that result also, just tried this to check if that would matter for the NAT functionality.

anyway you don't need kernel ipforwarding with ettercap, ettercap itself fordwards the packets, in fact after launching ettercap the value of "ip_forward" returns to 0, that is maybe you think "echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward" command not work, because you check the value of ip_forward after launching ettercap.
Well, that is good news then, for the missing NAT functionality in kernel

/N

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: