View Single Post
Posts: 74 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ San Jose
Thats interesting. I've also been seeing the reboot loops as well. Mine started before this last flash update. I didn't want to update it, but oddly enough a few days after the new update came out, mine wouldn't boot any more. The initial screen comes up, but the progress bar would never start. Then it would loop. I never let it loop more than 2-3 times so I had no idea it eventually would come up. I ended up reflashing it with the new update and all was well.

Then, about a week later (yesterday) I had the same thing happen again. The e-mail client crashed, so I rebooted it. And then got into that loop state again. After 3-4 times I just flashed it again and gave up.

So I'd be curious to know as well if there's something that is causing this. I'm wondering if somehow the internal memory gets corrupted and it can't mount the filesystem any more. But then again I had no idea that if you left it looping it would eventually boot. Would have saved me some data loss since I don't back mine up every single day :-/