View Single Post
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Hello,

This is very much appreciated. This is what I love about open source software development, and developers like you who are responsive to their users. I installed this the moment I saw it in the repo today. Works great.

I've been thinking about the settings option as megateriak suggested... I'm unsure. The space in the status menu is indeed "precious", but you can always scroll. I also modify /etc/hildon-desktop/status-menu.plugins to give priority ti things that typically get pushed to the bottom, like simple brightness applet.

However, MohammadAG's put out mods to increase the amount of
applets that show up by two (both in portrait and landscape, if desired), so that if you like more visible without scrolling, there's that too. So I'm of two minds. On the one hand, having it in the status menu is extremely quicker to access. On the other hand, how often does one access their clock settings, is a good question too, since most people probably don't change it that much once they settle on the one they like... *Shrug*

Megatariak: I'm sure that because it's python, it should be possible to both have it use default system fonts and resize the current used fonts. Just looking around right now, looks like all you need is marginal python knowledge and you can tweek /usr/lib/advanced-clock-plugin/clocks/DecimalClock.py to change the font size yourself from onboard the device.

Line 33 of that file, as I understand it: self.context.set_font_size(45)

Just edit with one of the avilable editors as root. Might need to restard hildon-status-menu, but most likely just switch to another clock style and then back.

I'm thinking if Maemo 5 stays alive just a while longer, and this gets popular, we'll see themse including their own clock styles and perhaps Theme Customizer can have an ability to plug in it's own clock styles, modifiable from within Theme Customizer UI? If Dlivil and Wonko are up for working with each other.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post: