View Single Post
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Could we add an Editorial section to MWKN?
I think "editorial" is a meta-category, to be honest. Editorials tend to be about something, so might fit into an existing category if they're relevant.

Rationale: when I write an editorial on my blog (see last 2 articles before "Diary of a Qt noob") I pull together references to numerous relevant sources.
For example, Will 2011 be make or break for Nokia? could fit into the Wild category (tangentially related to Maemo/MeeGo and also a little US centric, in Europe I think Nokia "made it" ages ago ;-)). However, I'd say America Offline: Fall of a walled gardener, despite being a well written and interesting article, isn't of sufficient relevance (IMHO) to make it into MWKN.

...I see "the big reveal" article as an editorial, by the way.
Agreed. It's notable for two reasons:
  1. Carsten's working on it and can use phrases like "we're not working like we should"
  2. It highlights whether the TSG are as open and collaborative as they're supposed to be, because whether they reply or not is almost as important as what they say. If the TSG don't reply, they're not participating and probably can't steer the project well in the long term.

However, if it hadn't made the front-page it'd've probably gone in Wild or Development. Probably the former.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post: