View Single Post
Originally Posted by livefreeordie View Post
Then they whine about how they can't do online banking due to a lack of Java support. How about switching to a bank that isn't ******ed?
Okay, first I have to agree that the review was one sided negative. You can't test a phone like that and find nothing good about it unless you're biased. Here, I think the bias lies in the very purpose of the article: point out weaknesses. Even so, there should have been something in there to say "we're now only looking at - " because it did come out as all bad, didn't it?

When it comes to "switching to a bank that isn't ******ed", that pretty much isn't possible. First, pretty much all Norwegian banks are to some degree java dependent. * Quite a few of them use the same systems. Second, if you let the use of a java authentication applet affect you so much that you choose bank on that basis, you just move the ******ed part from the bank to the user.

* Or have at some time been. I don't regularly check banks other than the handful I use, and netbanks do change from time to time.

Banks aside: the telephone's lack of java applet support is a drawback. No doubt about it.

Last edited by volt; 2009-11-17 at 18:53.