Thread: TOHKBD rev2
View Single Post
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
Yes this is something I realized after ordering and soldering all the pcbs..
Damn! Well, you can't think of everything. I hope I too won't see any less signal strength.

Check the connection detector sequence on the github, power is cut off when the keyboard is not connected. Should be fine!
Did that now. Only thing I can imagine to lead to a hardware fault would be to short GND to INT pad and also 3,3V to one of SDA/SCL at the same time. This could possibly damage your EEPROM and phone because 3,3V would be switched on for a short time when pulling INT to ground.

BTW: What PNP transistor do you use? I'd like to check the collector-emitter-voltage (I ended up making a small "simulation" using falstads electronic circuit simulator. The attached file can be opened with it.)

Yeah I am just getting started, but there is already some drilling stuff in the gerbers.
The drills/holes in Gerber files do contain the diameter that fits the THT device's pins. For manual drilling (without CNC) it's handy to etch a 0,1-0,3 mm hole in the copper layer so the drill centers itself. See drill-aid.ulp
Attached Files
File Type: txt TOHKBD-detection-circuit.txt (626 Bytes, 57 views)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to deryo For This Useful Post: