View Single Post
Originally Posted by auouymous View Post
Anyway, asui-settings will be getting an option to enable the display of IM messages for those with Diablo5.
Cool! At the moment I'm making do with this, but wouldn't mind something a bit better integrated/looking :-)

Would it be better to show the messages as a temporary notification or in a dialog that must be closed?
If I understand you correctly, neither please. I'd like something similar to the stock offering, ie a permanent indicator (somewhere in the status bar I guess) showing that there are messages, that can be tapped to reveal them (and then those can be tapped to launch the appropriate app/whatever).

The dialog messages would stack so closing one will reveal the next message and so on. The notifications would only be seen if you are using your tablet when they arrive. I'm just worried about someone who may receive a lot of messages and have to close a lot of dialogs.
That's an issue, but you don't want to lose IMs (or missed calls, subscription requests and so on) if you don't see them either.

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post: