Thread: [Fremantle Maemo5] [Announce] Advanced Geocaching Tool
View Single Post
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by rob_kouw View Post
Dear peterleinchen,

SQL! I love working with SQL on a database. What is the way to go? Copied it to a pc? On the N900 itself? Which SQL program?

, but even after compacting AGTL will not finish any download. I think there is something wrong with the format. Reading seems to be fine though. But anyhow I reinstalled the old database.)
Hey rob,

simply grab sqlite3 package
apt-get install sqlite3
and you can go with the N900 only (as I almost always do: takes a bit more time, but more fun ...): sqlite3 /home/user/.agtl/caches.db

About your other problems, I dunno know, but my problems derived from (just guessing here, needs to check/compare old and new caches.db, but this time on PC ) database table structure changes.
Did you use the git version and the 0.8.0.7 version at the same time or close to each other? Using the git or newly released version changes your table structure. And using the old program may screw, as it may use a fixed "hardcoded" table structure. And webhamster changed table structure from old version to one of the git versions and again to the latest layout.
But again, just guessing here. For me it worked.

I had made a backup of DB and played with that, until everything was fine.
I would copy back your latest DB (using 0.8.0.5/7) and just start new version (agtl will convert just fine). If the problem was not already in the backup, you should at least go without errors from that status.
I'm afraid, I can't help you more.