View Single Post
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by dj_steve View Post
they were moved as we had 2 huge thread in this very forum that were just getting filled with mostly useless junk, moved them to the nitdrodi forums purely as its easier to keep this organised their and its more tailored layout for nitdroid itself
Oh I see. I didn't know that. That's what I mean about being an *** sometimes. Silly me.

I was under the impression that:

Originally Posted by http://62.61.85.167/legal/termsofuse.html
...These pages may not be duplicated for any other reason or purpose. Copies of these pages may not be modified.

You may refer to these pages from other pages via Uniform Resource Locators (URLs). These pages may not be permanently stored on any system other than www.maemo.org that is capable of retrieving them via HTTP.
I realize this was Last Published: 03/30/2007 and things change but I could find nothing that supersedes this. So who do I contact?

Do you think I can get them to close down the whole "off topic" section and move the posts to my own forum? If it was under my control, I'm sure a more tailored layout for off topic posts can be developed to make them easier to organize as well.

(That^ last italicized bit was only a very meager attempt to offer some comedy to help illustrate concerns about where this may lead. It was not meant to be disrespectful in any way. )

I always admired the resourcefulness of the "Nitroid" project and that is a good thing. I also regarded it as a bit of a curiosity. I felt that it could only get so far though, without breaking licensing agreements or involving witchcraft or suttin'

As I said earlier, I am often wrong so I would often pop in on those "less organized" Nitroid threads to see how things were going. (I may have also posted an opinion or suggestion or two, I don't recall...)
I also felt that the member participation level in those threads could be an indication to the powers that be at Nokia (and also this board) of what some users/members want, and ultimately expect in their cell phone's OS.

For good or ill, the growth or decline in that participation as it relates to total membership was worth noting. Now however, the Nitroid project does not even offer "curiosity" to a maemo.org only member and I don't think that this is a good thing. YMMV

SLN member # 009