View Single Post
Well, I like ambiances as an idea, but to be fair, there is almost no point in switching them at the moment. I suppose I'm a special case since my phone is almost always on silent anyway. As a long time Symbian user, I'm used to the idea of profiles in general, though to be fair I mostly switched between general, silent and offline.

I never felt a need to switch to my PARTY AMBIANCE when going out for drinks, that features people having fun as a background so I could be reminded, how I should be instead of looking at my damn phone.

Scheduling ambiances would be great, but for me, the most important feature would be being able to do anything in there. So you would see them as some kind of "modes" that change various phone settings instead of just a glorified background/ringtone switcher. First thing that comes to mind for me is something like "Quiet Hours" from Windows Phone (my favorite feature). If you could shut off any notifications from people outside (for example), your "inner circle" and it would be a part of an ambiance that you can schedule, I'd totally use it. If I could tell my phone, that I want it to go into an "Airplane Ambiance" automatically because I'm hopping on a plane (for example, based on my calendar)? Awesome.

I'd love to see some smarts here too, having it learn over time and see - hey, you got an email from [some airline] with your travel itinerary, I can put on your super cool AIRPLANE AMBIANCE while you're on the plane and you don't have to worry about putting your phone in airplane mode. I'm not saying "omg evil cloud that eats your parents and automatically stalks your ex", because I'll probably have privacy nut-jobs burn down my house, but you could totally process it all locally if you wanted.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pisarz1958 For This Useful Post: