View Single Post
Posts: 414 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Silicon Valley
Got a supposedly 'New N900' off of eBay recently. Box was sealed...opened it up and N900 looked new. However, after I bit I did notice that Angry Birds was installed and had scores for the first level....So, don't know how that could be if it was new unit. Only thing I did at that point was to put in a microSD card I had....

Anyway, seller gave me a credit back for that and N900 seemed to work OK.....

Last week I installed CSSU-Testing, backupmenu, and some other apps. Then the other day I installed EasyDebian and then Ubuntu and Fedora image files, per other forum posts. So, some large files located in MyDocs...but things were working OK...

However, last evening, something happened, think I was using EasyDebian or may have been Application Manager and N900 crashed. Since keyboard was open, when it rebooted, I got to backupmenu program. I selected option to quit and reboot and it started to reboot, but never completed process....

I thought perhaps battery got low, so, connected N900 to the AC charger and let it charge....left it plugged in overnight. This morning I thought it odd that the indicator light was not green.

Charging indicator light is sort of a orangey-red color that blinks on and off....I tried to boot up, but nothing happened.

I took N900 to work with me and have tried charging it up further, but no go....ie, not boot...nothing happens when I press the power on button....

Have tried removing battery for about 45 minutes and then reinserting, but still nothing happens, display does not light up at all....

So, assume that I need to reflash, correct?....but if so, how do I do that, when it won't react when I connect the USB cable to my PC and N900 while pressing the 'u' key?

Starting to think that perhaps I got a 'bum N900' ie, actually, an Asian refurb or ???

If I can fix, then OK, otherwise, maybe I need to see if I can get refund from ebay seller?

Thanks for any and all suggestions...

Mark

Nokia N900
Previous: Nokia N810 & N800