View Single Post
Posts: 49 | Thanked: 112 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Bristol, UK
Originally Posted by Disco Cat View Post
There are lots of guides about what to do once you have opened the device up and are working with the port itself, but is anyone able to provide more details on how to get the microSD PCB off to make the usb port more accessible? It's attached by a thermal pad by the looks of it. Should it just be cut off, and will I have to replace it afterwards?
Wedge it off carefully with a very thin knife starting on easily accessible corners while pulling whole piece. It does require some force but be gentle and take some time... If you are lucky it should still be reusable. Just don't do it too often.

Fixing the port itself is another challenge and I wouldn't attempt it without soldering iron with needle like tip. Good luck!
Flash Player v10.1 (faked to v12.1) is here!

Taking pre-orders for dual PolarCell battery (~3000mAh) with Mugen cover for £50
Get a free giffgaff Sim with £5 credit here! Also 250mins unlimited txts & internet for £10 PAYG!

The Following User Says Thank You to sEKI For This Useful Post: