View Single Post
Posts: 230 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Suomi (Finland)
Just some quick observations on cmdcam 0.0.1

--exposure [microseconds] gets ignored, but --shutter [microseconds] works and does the same.
--focus [meters] doesn't work and is always at closest range.
--whitebalance [Kelvins] works as expected.
--flash works as expected.

Maybe others can corfirm this or tell me if I'm doing something wrong. Basically I just use --focus flag with numerical value in meters, for example:
--focus 15 or --focus 0.5, but the resulting focus is always ca. 15cm from the lens.

Additional questions/requests:
1. Is it possible to take consecutive shots any faster? I know this isn't a DSLR, but 4-5 seconds minimum between shots is somewhat limiting.

2. You might consider creating symlink for /opt/cmdCam/bin/cmdCam to /usr/local/bin or elsewhere in user's $PATH so that it isn't necessary to type the whole path. Also in the same vein you could make the name fully lowercase for usabilitys sake. (though user can easily do these by him/herself too...so it's not a huge issue.)

I already noticed that cmdCam is very good for sharp long exposure shots in the dark. No camera shake. (as long as object is ca. 15cm away from the lens, due to focus issue)

Anyway. Thanks for this. Maybe you can squash the focus bug when you have some spare time.

Last edited by ladoga; 2013-03-31 at 13:15.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ladoga For This Useful Post: