View Single Post
To take this back to discussing MaePyGallery:
The newest version works very well for me. Some things I noticed:
(Sorry for being so elaborate jendkers )

The loading time of the app is way too long. Could you optimize that a little?

I still get asked to navigate to a directory on start. Couldn't you just load the last directory automatically? And also remember any options like caching?

The up and down buttons overlap with the first row of images. Maybe you could introduce an empty ~20 pixel gap above the first row of images.

When viewing an image we only get to see "loading". Is it possible to quickly load a preview first? It would be awesome if we could even zoom into the preview already so that the original picture is immediately zoomed to the right spot once it is fully loaded.

While viewing an image, back and forward buttons would be nice so that we don't have to go back to thumbnail view and choose the next image.

(Also, the cool thumbnail wobble effect is gone when thumbnail caching is switched on)

OK, having said all this I also have to say that MPG (QML) replaced my desktop shortcut of the standard image viewer!
The interface handles very smooth and I like the no-clutter look. Zooming is very smooth and fast as well and it is well done with the side bar
Could you also program a "directory based audio player", so that I can un-install that damned tracker?! No seriously, despite all my picky comments: MPG is awesome and a great addition to the N900!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to daniel_m For This Useful Post: