View Single Post
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Boom! Linux Dident someone, at some time at some place say that android is Linux.

https://phoneradar.com/nubia-z17-sna...eras-launched/

8GB, why not 16? :
Ok first we read this all this boasting:

In the camera department, the Nubia Z17 features 23MP + 12MP dual lens camera with, Dual Pixel focus, f/1.8 aperture and 6P lens with Sapphire glass protection. Just like the iPhone 7 Plus, the Nubia Z17 also offers 2X optical zoom. For selfies, there is also a 16MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture and 80-degree wide angle lens. With the Quick Charge 4.0 fast charging technology, the 3,200mAh non-removable battery on this device can be charged from 0% to 50% in just 25 minutes. With the NeoPower 3.0 optimizations, the device is said to give two days of mixed usage. The Dolby Atmos certified speaker on the Nubia Z17 gives Hi-Fi audio output.
Then we translate it to real life:

Dolby Atmos speaker says "beep beep" when message comes and "blim blim" when someone calls.

Dual Pixel focus, optical zoom lens takes a perfectly normal picture same as the ones you've taken for the last five years.

8 GB RAM works perfectly well when you browse web or chat in facebook messenger.

Octa core bytecruncher CPU feels as smooth as any other when sending SMS or use one of the 5 applications you always do.

1% of the time you can really feel it is faster, smoother or otherwise better than your previous phone.

But when you place a call your voice may sound damper when you make a call or you may not hear other end as well as you used to do... which is likely a major part of the time with your Dolby Atmos 10-audio-channels-to-one miracle phone.

So is it really worth it?

Btw I tried my old Nokia 6610 a few years ago when my other phone was on service. To my surprise it still worked and guess what, the phonecall sounded incredibly clear and full. More than I thought was possible after getting used to smartphones. Back then the phones were made for talking.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to pexi For This Useful Post: