View Single Post
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
For a long time, fairly recently, I was changing my settings for kernel-config and something was changing them back to what I had before.

The giveaway was that after I changed my settings to something like the following:

MINFREQ=600
MAXFREQ=600
GOVERNOR=ONDEMAND

and so on

and I would set this as the DEFAULT setting

After I rebooted, the max and min settings would have changed, and the GOVERNOR setting would be back to CONSERVATIVE.

Now I KNEW that the CONSERVATIVE msetting was put there by the patches and CHANGED BACK TO THESE SETTINGS EVEN AFTER I SET THE DEFAULT NOT TO BE CONSERVATIVE GOVERNOR.

This happened to me MANY times. This even happened after I UNINSTALLED the battery patch/speed patch combination.

It is NOT happening to me now. I am positive that those settings were put back by something in the battery patch/speed patch programs.

I didn't mention it online because no real harm was done. But I am making this statement now because the maker of the patch seems to be claiming that nothing like this ever happened to anyone. It happened to me, and I NEVER ONCE voluntarily made that CONSERVATIVE setting because I remembered a discussion by Titan and others in the original overclocking thread that concluded that the conservative setting was NOT HELPFUL.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post: