View Single Post
Originally Posted by jocefus View Post
to all of you complaining about device hangs, it was issues with hildon-home/hildon-desktop hogging cpu/mem and battery on my device. these are two different issues and there are plenty of posts about them on this forum. I traced the sources on my device through process of elimination to a couple of widgets I had installed.

custom operator name caused hildon-home to peg cpu/batt at regular intervals (every 5-6s) and hog memory causing device hangs. according to threads others have had this issue with other python widgets as well.

removing catorize remedied hildon-desktop issue, but reading threads revealed bug in hildon-desktop which can be fixed, I just dont use catorize. I rarely venture from the four customizable desktops and they are full of select widgets and shortcuts (even facebook).

uptime: 39d 14hr
avg batt life: 3d
and NO sytem hangs here.

*disclaimer*
I'm no coder, I just know how to search, learn, and troubleshoot. linux os and open source community makes that easy. in my opinion this device is not for your average windows user. linux assumes the user knows what he/she is doing and this is obviousy not always true.

Have you submitted bug reports on these?

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...