View Single Post
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Originally Posted by Bearserker View Post
Today, I don't know well the security level of a minimal debian installation... But on last September, wasn't bash the default shell of debian ?
I take your point, but your example isn't strictly accurate: /bin/sh was symlinked to /bin/dash (Debian Almquist SHell) not BASH. BASH was only used in interactive user logins, there was actually quite a big fuss when Debian made the switch because all the bashisms had to be removed from system scripts.

Anyway, back on topic...

I've been thinking about this over the last couple of days. I didn't want to make any rash decisions, but I've come to the disappointing realisation that I just can't afford a Neo900. The new price is literally the only thing, I love the concept and I've really enjoyed following the project (I've read every single post in this thread). I would just feel too guilty if I spent this much money on it.

Please don't misinterpret this as trolling, I really do want this project to be a success! In fact I was so sure this was going to be the device for me that I donated EUR200 instead of 100 when I discovered it. I guess that money really will be a donation now, but I don't mind... put it to good use!

I still believe in the project and think it'll be a success for those who can afford it, I'll just have to satisfy myself with the knowledge that although I won't get the device, some of you will.

I look forward to seeing all the cool things you achieve with it (I'll still be reading, don't let me down!).

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post: