View Single Post
I had some problems with the USB port approximately half year ago. Charging was not possible at all. The local Nokia support was able to fix the problem (I think they resoldered some points). Four weeks ago the same problem occured again. I can't charge the battery using the original charger as well as the original car charger. Fortunately I can charge the phone using the orignal USB cable. So the phone is not useless at all...

I have sent the phone to the customer care (w-support.com). They wrote an email today saying my phone ran out of warranty. Their estimation of cost for changing the entire transceiver really shocked me: 551 €. I will let my phone send back unrepaired...

What I do not understand is: Why do wall-/car-chargers do not charge my phone, but using the USB cable does? And is there a trick to make my phone charge in my car, too? (navigation consumpts a lot of power)

Hope to find some answers here...

EDIT: I have uploaded a picture of w-support.com showing some damage, which they have not specified. Can someone see the problem?
Attached Images

Last edited by redhotfoo; 2012-02-22 at 22:02.