View Single Post
Ah, I saw a reference to that Bedrock app somewhere but didn't realize it actually had an input screen to it--I assumed it was just a script that allowed one to input the name.

I haven't used it myself though since it doesn't work unless you setup the wifi tether in open mode. I don't want to encourage other people jumping on my bandwidth for various reasons. Bluetooth pan tethering is nice in that you can leave your n900 invisible and you can/must explicitly grant permissions to anything that happens to know the bluetooth connection is available.

If I get some free time, I'll toy around with WebOS to see if we can at least allow basic encryption to discourage most unwanted guests, but in all honesty, CM7 and CM9 are functional enough that I don't boot up into WebOS all that often. The WebOS card navigation is pretty good, but the lack of widgets coupled with open wifi tethering keeps me off of it most of the time.

Btw, if you are willing to pay for apps, I found TouchFeeds (or maybe it was TouchReader) is a decent, albeit slow, google reader app. Glimpse is also a decent app for multitasking (essentially giving you a bunch of portlets useful for multitasking).

The Following User Says Thank You to jschan For This Useful Post: