View Single Post
Originally Posted by caa View Post
My feedback:
  • It could do without the in-app advertising given that this is a paid-for application. (I think perhaps a free version should be supported by in-app advertising).
  • Just an observation ,but the application icon is not great. You could use the same blue & red colouring, but use a transport/train-style icon instead such as in the image attached.
1. I was thinking whether to include in app advertising or not. Being my first app I wanted to see how the it all worked together so was a little learning experience for me. Maybe future versions I'll remove them for paid ones.

2. Totally agree icon is a bit crap, but I knocked it up using Word and Paint! Happy for people to create an icon for me - I'm terrible at stuff like that. But there's all sorts of commercial things to consider so the icon would need to be licensed over to me (not sure how this works).

I also wanted to get this app done ASAP. I work fulltime so get very little time to do this. Ideally I wanted to make an ebay app for the N9 but getting the XML data binding working in Qt I just couldn't do it. So it's been on the back burner for some time now.

Also probably 50% off my time was spent getting that stupid search bar to work - but it still doesn't work!

I'll be monitoring this thread closely for feedback.

Thanks