View Single Post
Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
"I have shown it to one but I am not going to show it to anyone else." That is a VERY curious approach. Why not share the progress with everyone?
Because being open about the development would mean everyone here would discuss it, and either put pressure on Chen to add/change things that would delay the project, or bash him for not taking into account the remarks.
Everyone scream when there is vaporware, and at least for this one, you can't as he has not launch the project before being ready.

That doesn't mean that he is closed to comments, so he choose people he trust to give constuctive feedback, in a way he can control (unlike this forum, me included).

Not usual in this temple of open-source/hw, but seems like something a project that want to succeed could do.

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Also... why would anyone "thank" that post? Are people so desperate that they are thankful for any illusion of an update?
I don't thing thanks mean anything particular on this forum, as not two people uses them the same way, but you can see it as a feedback that his posts are read carefully by people expecting this product, and any information he will be ready to give (like this "not ready yet" post, which is a lot more than some other projects we often talk about...).

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post: