View Single Post
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
I'm trying to push Michael for a refund. This is the most I can do.

I personally don't think this project can go any further - It relies solely on Michael/Youyota side, and that shouldn't be like this.

He has purchased a few Ks of certain components at own cost, but a lot of parts has increased price dramatically recently. Especially memory. Now it all comes to cost, and opportunity cost.

This project has gone wrong from beginning - I connected Youyota and "the other party" (yes as certainly they will not be happy for me mentioning their name) in the hope of bringing this product back to real. But "the other party" was in such a deep trouble with their own version of this product, they seem not motivated in taking part in too much of this one - for whatever reason.

So it all comes down from a project suppose to contribute jointly, down to Youyota's own game. But Youyota is just the manufacturer, there is no investment on PR, marketing, and they cannot afford to have it.

And because of the above reason, Youyota can't start production because the number is way too low. I did push them to invest for a minimum quantity, and they did. But this time of the year, everything has become much more expensive, and they are spending extras which to be honest, they should not do so. But they did.

The problem is now the cost was even higher than their expectation, and they are struggling as they need to spend money and efforts generating revenue.

Why should any of a healthy business cooperation invest money and effort, to a project that cannot make any revenue in a while, instead of doing something else?

And to be honest, I spent a lot time and efforts in the beginning connecting two parties, and I did sort of the avocation in the beginning. Youyota has spent money and deposits and efforts buying components. And negotiating with the factory. It wasn't successful, but I know they tried. The community backed the campaign...

What the F*CK did "the other party" do? I can't remember anything.

This is the end. I will do my best to make this project to an end, either refund, or production, I don't know. But I personally think refund makes sense.

It's holiday period now in China, I will push for an update after new years' day. Hopefully early Jan.

Last edited by chenliangchen; 2017-12-30 at 20:04.

The Following 35 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post: