Thread: [SailfishOS] Mapbox GL Native QML plugin
View Single Post
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by jdrescher View Post
HI rinigus!
I am following your instructions but there is an error when opening the map page:
Code:
[ERROR] {QSGRenderThread}[Setup]: loading style failed: Problem with the SSL CA cert (path? access rights?): error setting certificate verify locations:
  CAfile: ca-bundle.crt
  CApath: none
This is what I did:
- installed mapboxgl-qml-1.1.0-10.27.1.jolla.armv7hl.rpm on the device (Oneplus X)
- took your basic example from here

Maybe there is a problem with the access token?
No, access token is still fine. However, I get the same error on this simple example as well as when using Poor Maps GL and trying to access Mapbox maps. Sounds like some HTTPS certificate bug that prevents us from getting the style downloaded. Hopefully, its mis-configuration of their servers and will be resolved. I'll look into it from here later

For now, you could use OSM Scout Server. For that, install it, configure for use of Mapbox GL tiles by selecting a profile with the vector tiles, download the region of interest and replace style URL in the simple example by

http://localhost:8553/v1/mbgl/style?style=osmbright

That should make it possible to use and test the widget. The access key is not required then, but you could just keep it as it is.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: