View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Dear community,

Hildon Foundation has decided to move the association from a US-based foundation under the law of Pennsylvania towards a german "eingetragener Verein" (e.V.). This decision basically is drawn because it makes a lot of things a lot easier to keep a non-profit status with exempt from taxation and self-govern community tasks including bank issues (for now, the status of both, bank and paypal accounts, are kind of frozen since the bank declined to accept the new board members).

So I have drafted an articles of incorporation which is supposed to be the equivalent to the US bylaws, it just has a different base and structure. It is by no means complete or ready to go, just something to start with that needs your input. This is your chance to state your idea about what HiFo's laws should be like. The starting point are the basic requirements of a german e.V., which I assume to be given by this draft and are open to take over desired parts of the actual bylaws.

I'm asking for your input regarding content as well as a proper english translation. Please type your tmo user name in the upper right corner (no need for registration!) and share your thoughts by ##commenting in the document##, in the chat or preferrably right here.

The draft: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/AMabik4zeD
Current Maemo Community Council member

Last edited by Win7Mac; 2013-08-29 at 00:18. Reason: typo

The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to Win7Mac For This Useful Post: