View Single Post
Posts: 155 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Ontario, Canada
To get back on to benny's topic, there are in fact problems with the structure and off topic seems to be a catch all just in case, because you just don't want to get into trouble posting elsewhere.

REgardless, even a simple comment such as yours drags up all kinds of angst. I come here for chat, both serious and fun (and there's a place in the same thread for both, for heaven's sake), and I use the wiki for facts.

Being tired of the angst, I think I'm thinking about the point of bothering to come at all.

Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
I've been here a long time and I've seen how Talk generally reacts to this stuff. The only thing that thread demonstrated was that Talk isn't categorically useless (not anything I've ever claimed), nothing demonstrated that its reactions don't tend towards the irrational.
I've been here a long time too, not as long as yourself, perhaps, but I've been an observer of human nature for a long time as well.

Sometimes, just sometimes, you get gems in the garbage. If someone who has been here as long as you can't figure what it's going to be from the start (witness that thread) perhaps you should consider that moderating based on personal or subjective opinion of worth is not what it's cracked up to be? And no, before we go there, I'm not suggesting that's what you *do*, but I am suggesting that if you had, that thread would have probably been thrown out (or the equivalent thereof)

Last edited by CrashandDie; 2010-01-31 at 02:50. Reason: merged after double posting