View Single Post
Posts: 87 | Thanked: 535 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Karlsruhe, Germany
@acrux: 800 meters is the distance at which a voice command is played (unless turn points come up in short distance). I changed the behavior for beta 2, see below.

@Soppa: Hm, that sounds strange. I upgraded ogg-support to the new version 1.1 in testing yesterday, which broke it again for me. Then downgraded, still broken. Then I reinstalled decoders-support (apt-get install --reinstall decoders-support), still broken. Rebooted, waited for tracker to finish indexing (tracker-status reporting 'Idle'). Still nothing. After another reinstall of decoders-support it worked again. It may be related to both decoders-support and ogg-support sometimes hanging during installation (dbus communication errors are reported).

@nipbal: Thanks for the testing. Some bugs are already fixed, see below. The tiles for the OpenStreetMap theme are stored in /home/user/MyDocs/.maps/OpenStreetMap I. Other themes store them in /home/user/MyDocs/.local/share/marble/maps/$planet/$theme. You can delete files there to increase the available space. Automatic housekeeping (which limits the total size of downloaded tiles, deletes oldest) is disabled in Marble currently.

@mmarks: Auto map rotation is not supported at the moment. Auto zooming is there (activated automatically during guidance mode, manually in the Tracking dialog), but could use some tweaking. Map matching is done internally of course, but the track only shows the raw GPS position so far. Guess that's a feature to add in one of the next versions. Downloading country (image) tiles is problematic because of the size needed for higher zoom levels. In my opinion the only sane way to do that is to use vector maps (there's a GSOC project going on at the moment to implement it in Marble).
Routes will automatically be recalculated in guidance mode (left of the four icons on the bottom of the screen).

@rob42: Which version of ogg-support is installed on your N900? "apt-cache policy ogg-support" executed in the terminal tells you, package manager might do as well.
For route recalculation -- is guidance mode enabled? That's the left of the four icons on the bottom of the screen.

@all: I updated the packages on my server to 1.1.85 (1.2 Beta 2). If you installed beta 1, you can upgrade from the X-terminal: apt-get update; apt-get install marble. See here. Remember: This is software with beta quality.

Changes since beta 1:
  • Better transport type and upgrade handling in monav configuration. Bike and pedestrian offline routing maps are available for Germany on the server now
  • Store the last transport type used and tracking options (auto center, auto zoom) and restore it after a restart of Marble
  • Searching in the Go To... dialog can be cancelled, Bookmark selection fixed
  • Fix crash at high zoom levels (spherical and flat map projection)
  • Filter duplicate results in offline search for overlapping region databases
  • Distinguish between announcement and actual turn during voice guidance. Previously each turn type was announced up to 850 meters in advance. Now a second, different voice command (or sound) indicates the turn up to 50 meters in advance.
  • Clear action in the Routing dialog

Feedback is (as always) welcome. Enjoy

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to earthwings For This Useful Post: