View Single Post
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
Can you explain this one a bit?

Meaning: does in-kernel battery charging actually work? (will gladly test it, but need more info
Yes, I charged battery in my n900 more times without problem with this my in-kernel driver.

Is isp1704 also in there?
If you mean upstream isp1704_charger kernel driver, no it is not included. But isp1704_charger driver was created from our patched maemo 2.6.28 musb code. So isp1704_charger is included in musb kernel driver (which do needed wallcharger detection).

I read in one LKML thread (where you and Felipe discussed the two alternative drivers) that one would have to stop mce, insmod the module and echo auto/none/host/dedicated to /sys/class/power_supply/bq24150-0/mode.

Assuming I try the above, will my N900 become a bratwurst? (or a bratbrick

How do I stop charging? is this automatically detected? or do I have to echo something to /mode and unplug the charger, etc.?
Now in kp51 autodetection of charger type working, so manual mode is not needed. But BME must be stopped and then bq2415x_charger driver can be loaded.

Sorry lots of questions. If this works it's going to be BIG (for me at least) but I need to know (without time for reading the module nor time to actually check if the module is OK if this is more-or-less-safe to try.

Cheers and thanks a million!
I written some info about charging & hostmode with bq2415x_charger driver for kernel-power on: http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pal...o/bq2415x.html

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post: