View Single Post
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by endsormeans View Post
I retracted and removed my offensive language.
Apologized to the community.
I completely agree.

If someone attacks my person am I to take it gently or lightly ...?
would you?
would any of you?

Regardless of the words I used in completely justifiable anger..
Regardless of retraction, edit, and apology.

The follow through here...
the meat of it is ....
to be threats of disciplinary action for standing up for myself against assaults on my person ?

right then.
There is nothing like justifiable anger and threats of disciplinary action are no empty - in this case you should know better - if you get trolled and get angry, step back take a breath, if you still cannot take it, and most of all, cannot make it cool down on its own, call for moderation -> that is what it is there for. I am not trying to patronize you, be grown-up, role-model!

Explaining and apologizing is ok as long as you don't think it was justified, it wasn't, never is. There is a reason to it, fine, we know that now.

Last but not least, remember that people behave differently when they think they are semi anonymous on the internet, real threats and ill behaviour will, just as on the streets, find justice when you let the right people know. But most of all, don't let them rattle you, no need for it, they do not know you and any foul language is to get you to play their game, just like in a bar-fight.

EDIT: who got me mislead that endsormeans is council? He is not...

Last edited by chemist; 2017-01-20 at 08:57.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post: