View Single Post
Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by chemist View Post
please keep the noise in this thread low as possible,
thanks Quim for the heads up.
As no serious posts dropped in since the move from community forum over here should it be moved back again?

BTT: What about to prevent normal users from starting threads in talk.brainstorm and make brainstorm start the threads itself with proper linking, including status update by itself in the thread's title?
That seems like the right way to do it. As with the rest of the forum integration, the questions are "who" and "when".

I've been observing (lots and lots of threads to sift through in here/there) and thinking about the brainstorm situation, and i think it's safe to say that the vast majority of people using it are just going to post their own pet brainstorm topic and then go on their merry way. I know this isn't going to be a popular suggestion, but i think that in order for brainstorm to be useful, some kind of quota and queue has to be established so that people will have to get behind and push so they can get their own time at the head of the line.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following User Says Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post: