View Single Post
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by bomo View Post
@rinigus

After the last (map) update I can't find any locations anymore.
It looks like the server crashes. I hope this log helps:

In the end, poor maps always responds with "no results"

Another question: Is it possible to add other maps to the server? I see (in poor maps) that there are two types "normal" and "car". For me, an outdoor type e.g. for hiking is missing. For this I so far used the "Mapbox Outdoor GL" from poor maps with are very nice but of course they are not available without internet access.
To diagnose the issue, would you mind:

* Start OSM Scout Server as an app. This will allow you to see the log messages of the server

* Start Poor Maps

* Search for location

After you get "No results", please tell me:

* Did OSM Scout Server app crashed?

* If it did not, what are the log messages? They are displayed under "Events" on the main screen.

* If the app crashed, please start it from the terminal as "harbour-osmscout-server" and repeat. After crash, please let me know what's an error message.

If something is still wrong, please tell me

* Which map do you use?

* Which search fails?

Re other maps: As we move over to GL-rendered maps, I am planning to add support for them in the server as well. It maybe wise to wait a bit until vector maps are available and then design styles around it.

As for "outdoor" version, note that contour lines could take significant amount of space. You could already make yourself familiar with the available styling tools in meantime and see how to make styles + read licensing conditions on map data usage.

Edit PS: QGeoTileRequestManager are, if I am not mistaken, resulting from the hack used by Poor Maps to use the old qtlocation shipped with SFOS. Should have nothing to do with OSM Scout Server...

Last edited by rinigus; 2017-10-03 at 10:06.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: