View Single Post
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
+1

The current number of pre-orders is 269. Unless the connector costs hundreds per unit, I don't see a problem in overstocking by a factor of 3 or 4. In the worst case it might increase the cost of each device by a few bucks/euros/pounds, but will leave the pre-order window open for people like Akkumaru and viktor80.
It's reassuring since we all seem to consider an overprovisioning factor of 4 adequate. Due to the critical nature of this very component I even favor to overprovision by factor 10 here, means I want to get 2500, but in the end that's Nikolaus' call.
I told you we will not limit to the exact number of preorders, so there's still some room for late preorders. Don't panic! The window isn't closed in 4 days. But it starts closing, since we now need to do decisions that are based on the assumed number of devices we will be able to sell. So please indicate that you are interested (when you are) by doing a preorder! Otherwise we have poor estimations no matter how hard we try to guess the right numbers. Thanks for your support!

/j

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2014-01-08 at 14:36.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post: