View Single Post
Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
It stutters with almost every file (bar the lowest of lowest resolutions). This happens with media player and with Mplayer.
I don't see this at all. I'm using the --preset=good option of 770-encode.pl; perhaps that's a significantly lower resolution than you are using?

The media player is extremely picky, not only about file types but even about pixel numbers.
Agreed here. Mplayer is better though.

Movies take an amazing time to start up.
Agreed here too - both Media Player and MPlayer.

Both media player and Mplayer will randomly hang for no apparent reason.
With MPlayer I've never seen a hang completely out of the blue; only immediately after pressing some button. With Media Player I agree that it can hang for no reason.

Neither player has a convenient way of resuming a stopped movie (my PMA has video bookmarking feature, and that's two years old!).
I hadn't thought of that before, but it's a very good point. Bookmarking would be really useful.

In short: The multimedia part of the device behaves as something that was designed ten years ago.
The device(s) are innovative in other ways, though, so as long as it doesn't take ten years for the above problems to be fixed, I personally can live with them for a while.

- Neil