View Single Post
I had a bit of a plan to try and worm my way around he current issue of the settings pages for apps not allowing any input (thus rendering lots of apps useless as there's no way to, for example, login to Twitter via the webview).

I spent yesterday using my watch with an Android phone and configuring all the apps I would want - I then pulled all of the configurations from Android and have been left with a few directories that look very similar to the ones in ~/.local/share/rockpoold, however the directories are differently named (we have apps/ rather than app_jskit_installed_apps/ for example).

There's a folder in the Android directory named app_webview which seems to have all of the cookies related to the settings pages, would I be correct to assume if I copied these to the correct place in ~/.local/share/rockpoold I would have some automagically configured apps?

EDIT: Been working on this, probably a lot more than I should. The Android app Gadgetbridge seems to have a workaround for this, where it opens the settings pages in your regular browser then expects you to copy in the pebblejs:// url into the app. Maybe there could be a way to do this from Rockpool?

I've tried following some of the settings page url's in the standard browser, doing the configuration bits, then copying the ~/.mozilla/mozembed/ contents over to ~/.cache/rockpool/.mozilla/ but again not having much luck.

Any other crazy little hacks we could try? I'm sure something must work!

Last edited by Piece_Maker; 2019-03-22 at 18:45.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Piece_Maker For This Useful Post: