View Single Post
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
Maemo 5 may have been the best OS ever conceived, but the implementation is less than perfect - there are a lot of hacks to make things work (why can't we upgrade the Python version for example?)
The maemo/meego thing is odd, I loved my n900 maybe more than any phone I have ever owned. But my n9 is close, maybe more than the n900. They are just so opposite and great at what they do. The n900 was a mobile computer with a phone tacked on, nokia just screwed up by putting in to small of a battery, and maybe underpowered it. The n9 is a true smartphone and not a computer, and its the best smartphone OS ever made. I did use my laptop less with my n900 than any other time with any other phone. That being said I don't know if I would go back to that after using meego, the ui makes it so fast to get around and use the thing. I'm my ideal world I would have a maemo tablet 7-10" that synced well with my meego phone. But none of that will ever happen, so I'm hoping sailfish will impress me as much as these 2 phones did. And why shouldn't it, its a lot of the same developers, and they don't have nokia to hold them back and give them the scraps for hardware. We might finally see a continuation of our devices that is fully powered for once, and that is what i am really hoping for.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to waldo For This Useful Post: