View Single Post
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Custodian View Post
I admit, that API design is a way better there, as I did not spent time on that and run as is. May be some things can be used/integrated at openrepos.
Indeed, I'm sure there'll be some aspects that are helpful to you, & hopefully vice-versa!

Keep in mind, that openrepos does not targets to be a store(like google play, or windows marketplace, or whatever). Main function is a "personal repository" for your stuff. own or subscribed. Also i'm dreaming of lightweight OBS platform:
You browsing internet, github, whatever. Found some sources, and cannot find suitable package for your device. Grab the source, or post direct link at openrepos. Your own package will be assembled, and pushed to your repository, so you can install it via warehouse.
And this is the sort of focus that's perhaps best for your to maintain, hopefully other MeR-based systems will take the best bits of what you do, & apply it to their systems!

As for functionality overlaping, consider openrepos as your last resort when you cannot publish your application elsewhere because of moderation process. If your apps are bad, no one will subscribe to you and install your apps.
I think in many instances it'll become Harmattan & MeR-based distro devs 1st resort, before cracking the commercial systems

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post: