View Single Post
Originally Posted by Merienth View Post
Im interrested in some sort of review. Anyway, is the fingerprint sensor working properly ?
Yep, fingerprint reader works really well. Infact everything works very well except bluetooth where only the audio profile works.

The display is very crisp and very bright. The phone is nice and solid, would do damage if you threw it at someone. Surprisingly the camera is also very good, although I am used to the Jolla C camera, so probably not up to flagship standards, but I think its great. I will post some sample shots soon.

Call reception is really good, I get strong 4G reception on optus in Australia with great download speeds. Better call quality than any other device I have used. (and Ive used all flagships etc)

Wifi - no problem, again very strong signal and I have had no dropouts

GPS - Slow to lock on initially, but then works great, no issues.

The.charging cables are quite good, but the magnetic latch isnt quite strong enough and can slightly disconnect when in the car going over speedhumps etc. (although I do drive a lotus so its a rough ride)

Battery life is now excellent. Today I took I took it off charge at 7am, with 4G, wifi, bluetooth and automatic brightness at 50%, lots of web surfing (approx 2 hours), about 8 calls, emails set to check every 15mins, sailorgram and even tethering active to stream spotify to my car dash for over an hour, its now 9pm and I still have 42% battery. Although, I do have alien dalvik stopped and only turn on when needed. I could easily get two days or more with medium to little use.

I have also found a way using the cpu utils tool from the repos to put the cpu in to low power mode and turn off 2 of the cpu cores to really extend the battery if needed.

In terms of software, the phone comes with 3 exclusive turing ambiences, all quite nice. Most sailfish apps have worked with no issues, although I find the situations app seems to cause the cpu to spike and kill the battery. Quite a few patches installed, most work except for the peek screen.

App performance is excellent. It is much faster than the Jolla C. Websites fly in the browser, I opened every single app I had installed at once and all ran and could switch between them quickly. Android apps work very smoothly and games have no stuttering unlike the Jolla C.

The flashlight on the camera is bright, works well as a torch etc. All of the screen sensors work well, auto brightness etc.

The loud speaker is loud, but a bit tinny, its as expected as Turing did say the eval units didnt have final speaker hardware. Still getting used to having no headphone socket, but I have a pair of earin bluetooth headphones and they work great, strong signal, never drop out.

Also loving the LED for notifications, almost the same as the N900, yellow for email, blue for sms, instant message etc. Love it!

They are my initial thoughts....

Last edited by wormdrummer; 2017-03-16 at 05:41.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to wormdrummer For This Useful Post: