Thread: [Fremantle Maemo5+Harmattan Maemo6] N900 and N9 email misses some attachments
View Single Post
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Excellent, exactly what I needed.

OK, let's start with the "good" message (because it is simpler, no other reason). It has two parts: an HTML text and one attachment. Simple.

The "bad" message has also two parts, but each of them is nested. The first part has two sub-parts, the text in plain text and in HTML. (Does your phone show the text? And if so, in what format?) The second part is also nested, with three attachments: one JPEG and two PDFs. There is nothing inherently wrong with that format, a semi-decent email client should be able to process it. It looks like a bug the N9's client.

For completeness, it might be interesting to see the email after being forwarded by your wife. You say your phone can read that correctly, maybe her email client reformats it before sending to a form your phone can understand.
The "bad" message body part does appear to be properly formatted in the N9 email viewer . . . at least consistent with what I seen in KMail (part of the text is highlighted in purple in Fenix and KMail).

I forwarded the message again back to myself, and this time checked it on both the N9 and N900. As Peter suggested, the N900 email works fine: attachments can be opened properly. On the N9, Fenix pretends that they don't exist.

Haven't yet been able to get my wife to re-forward the email from her iPhone to me.

So I guess it is a bug in Fenix on N9. N900 mail works as expected as Peter said. And amazingly, even KMail on Kubuntu works! (In case anyone didn't know, email client software is a "bleeding edge" kind of thing in KMail, and shouldn't be relied upon in a production environment. No, really. I'm not kidding. We're still dragging KMail kicking and screaming into the 20th century. Yes. You read that right. The 20th century.)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post: