View Single Post
There are a few things I still haven't figured out with the phone software. Obviously, I've looked about on M.O. and T.M.O. and I may have overlooked relevant items. Also, a lot has changed since much of the Wiki was written, so some things might be possible now that weren't then, yet remain undocumented.
  • Is it possible to paste numbers into the dialing pad, without opening the kb to press Ctrl+V. Is there a menu somewhere I'm not seeing?
  • Call from webpage: microB doesn't seem to recognise telephone numbers in web pages. Opera, on the other hand, does recognise that these numbers are telephone numbers but does not invoke the phone software. e.g. See Google's office addresses in microB and Opera. The html (line 912, according to leafpad) is very ordinary looking but interesting to see the difference in interpretation between the two browsers.
    • Is there a way to get microB to "see" (and potentially use) phone numbers?
    • Is there a way to make Opera associate the phone software with these number-strings, so its capability of recognising numbers can be put to good use? Somewhere in its about:config?
  • From the dialing pad, I can get [1] to work as a speed dial key (voicemail). Can this be achieved for the other numbers?
  • Small point but I thought the word was "dialing", not "dialling" as currently shows. The former follows standard spelling rules (double vowel, therefore one consonant before -ing); possibly the latter is en-us? Is there a way to change this?
  • Pressing a letter on the kb from the desktop opens the contacts list filtered to that letter; and, pressing Fn+(Num), enters this number into the dialing pad. However, press & hold a valid number key from the desktop does not have the expected response of opening the dialing pad. Do I have an inappropriate expectation here?
  • Is there a technique to dial 'p' and 'w'? Not hugely important but odd it's missing.
  • Although I have extended call log installed, it doesn't seem to show how long a call lasted for. What's the best/easiest means of accessing and displaying the duration of a phone call?
Many thanks in advance for help/suggestions/answers. Links to answers are good enough - no need to rewrite information already available.