View Single Post
On the off-chance, I sent feedback to the XMS folk via the application asking about group chat and the ability to send and receive media and I was pleasantly surprised they took the time to reply:

Thanks for writing to us, and for all your suggestions. You may be happy to know that much of this is in development, or at least being considered. We wish to being Meego in line with our Android and iPhone apps, which already have group chatting and video/picture sharing. We will do our best to get these features to you! Have a great day.
As much as people want WhatsApp due to its popularity, imo the fact it is being reversed so a custom client can communicate with their servers combined with the fact their messages are sent unencrypted really puts me off it.

Ofcourse one must get their social group to jump from Whatapp/Kik but when XMS deliver, I will try my utmost to get my social circle to move to XMS as long as the client is stable and works how it should because these guys are offering the only TRUE multi-platform IM service and are not brushing us aside unlike other devs e.g. Kik is coded in Qt but they don't want to offer a Meego port.