View Single Post
Originally Posted by pisarz1958 View Post
What if the newer version of the browser engine had some optimizations and fixes? (probably has) What if new APIs not only let you do things you couldn't before, but saved both your time as a developer, and maybe even valuable resources? You can't just dismiss anything that's new because you just assume nobody cares about writing good code anymore.

I don't think it's about being younger or older, it's about being a good coder or a bad coder.
Oh, of course there will be improvements in the newer versions. Again, we don't dismiss 'anything that's new', we dismiss 'that which is new but worse'. I'm only annoyed by the carefree/careless attitude that dominates the field of technology, which causes the problem that everyone constantly has to clean up after each other and catch up with each other.

I also can't really think of any examples where both time and resources are saved (well, save for throwing bureaucracy out the window). It did remind me of the marvellous KolibriOS. I just found out it even runs Doom!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post: