View Single Post
Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Originally Posted by fixerdave View Post
Yup, on both counts... Have you tried MediaBox?

That's the thing... I've had my N810 for years now, and I'm still tweaking it, getting it to work even better, finding some new app, or new way to use an old one. Nothing has come along to for me to say "Wow, I want something that will run THAT." I mean, the closest thing to that is YouTube videos... but I don't really care.

Sure, for your typical iPhone user, I've spent a ridiculous amount of time getting that piece of junk N810 to actually work... but I'm a geek and, well, that's called 'fun.' It certainly didn't do much of anything useful out of the box. Now, I'm at the other end. I guess my life has co-evolved with that thing to the point where it is doing near-exactly what I want. Now, every time I think about trying something new... I hesitate because I need it to be working right, all the time, all day. It's so useful it's actually annoying. That's why I want a replacement... not necessarily to replace it, but to be a replacement if necessary, so I can play again.

My daily routine is now dependent on an old piece of underpowered technology that has no corporate support and no obvious replacement. At least it still has a great community

David...
Yea, Mediabox has great features, but I never could get used to the interface. What I have always loved about Canola is the quick way you can play randomly from the whole library.

There is not really still a decent replacement for the N810, or at least I have not found one, and yea although it's a bit old it still rocks, and at current prices presents a massive bargain. I love having a tablet I can shove in a pocket, but still has a hardware keyboard.

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________