View Single Post
We've all heard the cry of no apps, so how about a friendly weekend 'competition' to see what ideas we can come up with? Any takers? Noobmonkey will hopefully do it, he can make that "pull my finger" app we've all been waiting for! Anyone else?

I've name checked him now, he has to do it..

Some small silly possibly rubbish but maybe quite good or interesting apps, a few hours of work here and there and nothing major expected. Groups, singles, help for noobies wanting to get started with creating for the device. Finally learn how to use the accelerometer or make a fart noise. I'm going to go play some Wario Ware for inspiration..

I'll leave the below blurb as a battle cry, which will magically be edited out later when the thread crashes and burns due to lack of interest..

---------

Are you bored waiting for new games to be released for your n900? Is your forehead wrinkled stressing about the lack of applications in the extras repository? Does the emptiness of the Ovi store make you urinate in your sleep? And do you call out your mother's name when making love to your girlfriend because of step 4 of 5 disappointment and unrelated mental issues?

Your uncle Kojacker is here for you, my friends, presenting the first ever "Maemo Weekend Teeny Weeny Apps Making Competition"!

This is a professional competition, and no expense has been spared to create the following soul stirring poster.

Every good competition has prizes, and this competition is no exception to that rule. There are no prizes.

If you are new to programming or want to learn, here's the excuse to finally make something. Anything. Particularly crap or stupid apps are particularly welcome, and I, in particular, will be particularly focusing on making such an stupid crappy app in particular.

Qt, PyQt, PyGTK, whatever language you like as long as it runs safely and easily on the n900. Don't make a virus kthx.

Last edited by kojacker; 2010-05-05 at 11:04.

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post: