View Single Post
Originally Posted by Elhana View Post
Maybe platform was burning, but all Nokia had to do is pick a water, instead they added more fuel into fire.
They had Maemo/Meego - should've picked Android port QT there and keep developing their own Linux based OS.

Also telling customers Symbian is obsolete was a disaster move - basically means forget about updates, guys. Who would buy it now? Same for N9. I guess half of the people who was interested, changed their mind after that, just like me. So is developers.
Yes I remember asking many developers(around 15), including one I recall off the top of my head Softpauer, about developing for the N900 back in the day when I had it, and their responses were that they were all waiting to develop for Meego as it had their interests peaked for what it could bring to future devices. I don't honestly know what the appeal was to them, but obviously none of them were going to develop if Nokia openly announces that Meego will be dead. I don't know what affect it would have had if they did, but it is sad to hear that the N9/N950 could have had many more useful apps than it currently does.