View Single Post
Originally Posted by eachna View Post
I have read through the thread but I'm still getting a bailout message.

To start:
Installed the latest nitdroid installer in the repos using apt-get (to get dependencies). Used dpkg to install the real latest installer at the start of this thread.

Manually partitioned my 16 gig class 6 micro SD card, as detailed in the wiki, using cfdisk.

Downloaded the manifest file attached to this post and put it in ~/MyDocs/.nitdroid/ directory. Called the installer using the file command flag. It does find the manifest file.

Manually downloaded the kernel and nitdroid packages on my linux box. Copied over using scp to ~/MyDocs/.nitdroid/ directory.

Removed the checksums from the manifest (as some people said this worked for them).

Here is the initial bailing out message:

Formatting /dev/mmcblk1p1 (vfat) ...done
Formatting /dev/mmcblk1p2 (ext3) ...done
Mounting /dev/mmcblk1p2 ...done
Extracting N12_UMay.tar.bz2 ...done
Installing ...FAILURE. Bailing out.

Here is the error when looking at the end of the install log:

[snipped the files extracting from N12_UMay.tar.bz2]

--- END [tar xv]
*** DONE
*** Installing
--- RUN [dpkg -i /home/user/MyDocs/.nitdroid/]
dpkg-split: error reading /home/user/MyDocs/.nitdroid/: Is a directory
dpkg: error processing /home/user/MyDocs/.nitdroid/ (--install):
subprocess dpkg-split returned error exit status 2
Errors were encountered while processing:
/home/user/MyDocs/.nitdroid/
!!! ERROR:1 dpkg -i /home/user/MyDocs/.nitdroid/
*** ERROR - CLEANING UP THE CRAP

What is the point of failure here? Is it failing when the kernel should be installed? Is it finding the directory the kernel is in, instead of the kernel itself? If the tar extraction is ending properly, does that mean all the android packages were properly copied to the micro SD card?

Any help would be appreciated.
I posted this a couple weeks ago and it appears to have been overlooked. I'm still not able to get this to install. I would appreciate any help getting this working, and thank you in advance.

Last edited by eachna; 2011-12-16 at 01:56.