View Single Post
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
SD69, I didn't mean to say it has an exclusionary bias its just that during Q2, 2012 elections it was quite apparent that many of those members who joined only after Harmattan came out would have missed the chance to vote as their karma wasn't enough...
This time round I'm not too sure whether that stands as there have been a number of members who have joined only this year so its probable a number of them won't be eligible to vote due to their karma...
No problem . You didn't say there was a bias; I just wanted to clarify. The waiting period is only 3 months. IIRC, Harmattan came out more than three months ago. The current karma criteria to vote of 10 is relatively easy to reach.

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
After all, you can't include everyone as there will always be people joining and you can't accomodate all...There have to be certain restrictions on voting and I'm quite happy with the current system as is instead of suggesting something that might rock the boat...
The bigger problem is the opposite, that karma points never expire and we still accommodate people who haven't participated for years.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post: