View Single Post
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
do we still need a Council after the NFP foundation is created and has taken over?
currently Council is here the liaison with the "owner" of Maemo.org i.e. NOKIA
as soon as NOKIA is gone (at the speed at which they are bleeding cash before the end of 2013 ) the Council's primary function is gone. Board is in direct contact with the Community (at least let's hope that they won't get so political so quickly ) and whatever other functions the Council has, the Board should take over, no?
or will the admin of that NFP foundation take sooooo much time???

Good questions. I hope the Board Candidates will address them.

Note, with respect to the bylaws, it's not necessarily a question of whether the Board should take over whatever is left of Council's functions. The Board has the authority to appoint committees so they can always appoint a committee to perform some function, like a membership committee, that needs more time than they have and achieve a separation of responsibilities that way. The issue is whether the Council and its assigned functions should be baked in to the Bylaws and, if so, should operate the way it has in the past? I look forward to seeing the new karma proposal from Board candidate Texrat.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post: